Native flora revegetation
As a result of the disturbance to our natural bushland caused by increasing land requirements, re-vegetation using the seed of Australian native species is becoming increasingly important in restoration works.
Hydro seeding with native species is a fast and cost-efficient way of re-vegetating denuded areas; especially on the steep and inaccessible slopes, where other methods of vegetation establishment would be difficult and costly.
The native seed mix can be applied with or without an exotic grass “nurse” crop. Each site should be individually assessed to determine the appropriate re-vegetation method.
These may be:
Hydro Mulching: Seed, fertilizer and cellulose slurry applied by a Hydro Seeding machine.
Hydro Seeding and Straw Mulch: Seed and fertilizer applied by Hydro Seeding machine; protective mulch applied by a Straw Mulcher.
Areas of low intensity use that are suitable for a permanent vegetation buffer are ideal for native hydro seeding.
- Roadside Batters
- Mining Sites
- Coastal Zones
- Quarry Restoration
- National Parks
- Assist in erosion control
- Low long-term maintenance – as the shading effects of growing plants inhibits weed and grass growth.
- Drought tolerant-native species are adapted to Australia's extremes in climate.
- Extending the local flora in harmony with the locality and as a habitat for bird and animal life.
- Once established forms a self-regenerating eco-system.